Headlines everywhere are pontificating about the employment crisis and how challenging the job market is today. Indeed, these are challenging times. So job seekers need all the tools they can get in order to find a job, or find a better opportunity if they are already employed.
Resumes are the primary step to getting the job you desire. This document provides the first impression that your potential employer will get about you, so your resume must be in tip-top shape and communicate the message that you need.
Many people use resume services that specialize in constructing professional resumes that can get attention. However, many resume service providers can be quite expensive. For someone who is unemployed, on a budget or does not have a lot to spend, this can make the difference from getting hired or getting ignored.
For job seekers who have online internet access, there are some resume services that are of high quality and are very reasonably priced. Finding an affordable resume service is as simple as performing a search in Google, Bing, or any other search engine. Once you find a resume service, how do you know if they can provide the quality that you need? Here are some tips on evaluating affordable resume services before you spend any money:
• Do you already have a resume that needs review or update? Will the service perform this task for you, or would you prefer to start from scratch?
• Do you need a cover letter as well? Can the service assist with cover letters or will you only receive a resume?
• Is the resume available electronically or is it in printable form? While everyone seems to be on the electronic document bandwagon, sometimes it is a good thing to have a hard copy resume to hand to an employer.
• Can you have more than one version of your resume? For example, if you have both IT and management experience, you may want one resume that focuses on your technical skills, and another resume that emphasizes your management skills. If you want to cross industries, you may want different resumes for different industries – for example transportation and automotive.
• How are fees applied? If the service does the resume posting to different job sites on your behalf, will you be charged?
• Does the electronic version of the resume “expire” after a period of time? Will you need to provide a payment to renew?
Another tip is to look online at various resume templates. Your style and attitude should be communicated through your resume, so it is important to choose the right style and format that expresses your core values and beliefs.
Regardless of the resume service that is chosen, it is important to personally review your documents and make sure that your expectations are met. By being genuine, your job will come with the right resume.
Read resumewriter.com reviews along with the other top services to find the right one for your needs and budget.