If you’re someone that wants to be able to make a difference in the world, it could be that studying health law and policy could be perfect for you. But, maybe you’re not sure whether it’s the right field, what it means, or how to get into it? Let’s take a look.
To start with, to understand whether this is something for you, it’s good to be able to look at healthcare as it stands today. Because good healthcare is a priority, and making it effective and affordable is essential. It seems that…
- Around 92% of Americans had health insurance in 2016.
- There were 141 million visits to the ER.
- By 2060, the number of US citizens aged 65 and older is estimated at 98 million.
How To Make An Impact
To be able to make sure that you can have an impact in the area of health law and policy, you can do so via two routes:
- Master of Arts – for those that are in the healthcare fields
- Master of Laws – for lawyers and those in the legal profession
Roles that you can move onto after this include Health Care Lawyers, Health Care Administrators, Compliance Officers, or even Nurses.
To find out more information on health law and policy and why it might be the area you want to specialize in, just take a look at the infographic below.
Infographic Design By Hofstra University